Cal Yachts (aka Jensen Marine) was a manufacturer of performance oriented fiberglass sailboats from the 1960s to the 1980s. The Costa Mesa, California, headquartered company was founded in 1957, among the earliest of all-fiberglass, mass-production sailboat builders. Although the brand has been out of production for three decades, the existing fleet is still substantially active in racing and cruising.
Information for Cal owners and Enthusiasts
I’m collecting as much information about Bill Lapworth’s Cal sailboats as I can find and posting it here. So if you have something, please email it to me.. If you need something I have here, go ahead and download it.
Cal Boats General Documents
- Cal – The Better Boat
- Farymann Diesel Instruction Manual
- Farymann Diesel Repair Manual
- Lapworth Letter Regarding Tuning and Trim
- Hiller Alcohol Range Manual
- Westerbeke 30 4-91 Parts List
- Westerbeke 30 4-91 Technical Manual
- Yanmar 1GM 2GM 3GM Engine Service
- Cal Sailboat Specifications and Rigging Dimensions
Wanna Get Work Done on Your Cal? Check out these recommendations sent to me by Faith who had a lot of work done on the Cal 34 s/v Sea Jewel.
- Vendor Recommendations! (new in 2017)
External Cal or Lapworth related Websites
- Cal List on Yahoo Groups
- Cal Boats Facebook Group
- Cal 28 (Another site with a growing library of info on Cal boats)
- Sailing older Cal Yachts Q&A
- Bangor-Punta/Cal Archive
- Lapworth 36 Site
Cal Model-Specific Information (Owners Manuals, Line Drawings, and more)